[postgis-users] pgsql2shp changing case of fieldnames

Obe, Regina DND\MIS robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Mon May 9 13:02:46 PDT 2005

The old one I had was dated sometime in 2003 and was compiled under cygwin,
but it still seemed to work when I upgraded to 8.0.  I think a -k switch
would be best.

The older version preserved the case that was in postgres so for situations
where we needed UPPERCASE (standard shp behavior) we had to create views
that had the fields upper cased and dumped those out; so this new version
irradicates that need.  There are some situations where it is convenient to
keep the same case as postgres - e.g. it makes it easier to swap out a
postgis layer with a shape layer where postgis is not feasible for a
particular environment.  I'm assuming mapserver is still case sensitive with
field names in templates.