[postgis-users] postgis_restore.pl patch to allow psql options

James Marca jmarca at translab.its.uci.edu
Wed May 18 14:42:31 PDT 2005

At approximately Wed, May 18, 2005 at 07:07:13PM +0200, strk at refractions.net wrote:
> On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 02:23:45PM -0700, James Marca wrote:
> > Hi,

> James, your first patch is in CVS so this doesn't cleanly apply
> anymore. Before sending another, a couple of issues:
>
> 	1) the #/bin/sh approach was a choice, we can change it
> 	   but would be a separate patch (IMO) as needs some more
> 	   discussion

Both ways work fine for me, so it is probably better/more general to
leave as /bin/sh.

> 	2) It seems your patch has been implemented against an older
> 	   version, current one (CVS) uses additional command line
> 	   args as createdb_opts

yeah version 1.0 rather than cvs.  I forgot to checkout and diff
against CVS.  I will try get to that soon.

> The pod2usage seems ok to me as far as Pod::Usage is a default lib
> and does not costitute any additional requirement. Can you confirm this ?

According to the page

http://search.cpan.org/dist/perl/pod/perlmodlib.pod

it seems that both Pod::Usage and Getopt::Long both "... are included
in the Perl distribution".  So I think it is safe to assume that these
should always be available in a standard Perl installation, unless
there are any obvious counter examples that anyone can come up with.  I
remember a trick to wrap modules in an eval so that they are only used
if they are there, but that would be a lot more work than I want to do
at this point, especially when they are supposed to be there.

> Thanks!

You're welcome, I'm happy to contribute in some small way. My Perl
skills are passable, but my C++ is rather rusty these days, so I'm *no*
help there.

James