[postgis-users] Win32 Installer for Postgis 1.0.1 now available

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Fri May 27 08:19:51 PDT 2005

Hi Abe,

The easiest way would be to follow the instructions in the PostGIS
documentation (see http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ch02.html#upgrading
for more information) which although more suited to a Unix box, should also
work under Win32. I don't think many people have tried this, so I would
recommend taking a backup of your PostgreSQL data directory before starting
and post back to the list if you have any problems.

Note that in order to run the commands listed you will need to install
versions of Perl (http://www.activestate.com/Perl.plex?hdr=1) and grep
(http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/) for Win32.

Good luck!

Mark.