[postgis-users] ArcGIS/ArcView client to the PostGIS?

Nicolas Ribot nicky666 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 23:57:16 PDT 2005

> I guess this is my cue.
>
> As far as I know there's no viable solution yet.  There's this:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pgarc/
> but that project seems to have died a while ago.

You're right Abe.
The PgArc project is not actively maintained.
This basic extension allows to dump postgis tables into shapefiles
automatically loaded in the current ArcGIS view.
After modification, shapefile is loaded back into postgis.
So it is not a live connection between the 2 systems, though it allows
to see and work with postgis data in ArcGIS.

Nicolas