[postgis-users] Re: libpostgis library

Frances Collier fcollier at preparedresponse.com
Fri Oct 14 12:19:15 PDT 2005

Hi,

I have the liblwgeom.dll, however, it is not in the Win32 directory (it is
in the PostgreSQL\8.0\lib directory). Do I need to put it there for PostGIS
to return the data to mapserver properly?

After running "SELECT postgis_full_version()" I got:

POSTGIS="1.0.1" GEOS="2.1.4" PROJ="Rel. 4.4.9, 29 Oct 2004" USE_STATS
DBPROC="0.3.0" RELPROC="0.3.0"

Thanks so much,

-Frances Collier

If you use PostGIS 1.0 or newer, check for a liblwgeom.dll or lwgeom.dll.

Also try to connect to the database via a command line sql tool, and try to
execute "SELECT postgis_full_version()" and send us the output.

Thanks,

Markus