[postgis-users] Re: [pgsql-www] [Freegis-list] Re: [GENERAL] Map of Postgresql Users (OT)

Claire McLister mclister at zeesource.net
Fri Oct 28 10:45:48 PDT 2005

Arnulf,

  Thanks for your message. I looked at the mapbender site, and it looks
like it has the basic functions except the password protection, which
you will probably need at some point:-) The performance from here
(California) was slow, and the map image did not look as good as
Google's. I suppose we have better map images available?

  I could not find Cunninghams talk on P2P style wiki's, but seems to me
that it would be too much work for a simple web page. Ideally, we'd
just want to have a static map with possibly Javascript popups. That
way, the performance can be good and the web site doesn't become that
onerous that the pg www group kicks us out.

  So, a question to you and Palo: Can you generate such static map
(along with Javascript code) from Mapserver?

Claire