[postgis-users] create a dataset with a name I already used before

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Fri Sep 23 02:40:37 PDT 2005

On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 01:36:38PM +0400, david techer wrote:
> Hi
>
> select dropgeometrytable('your_table','geom_column')
>
> before
>
> drop table your_table
>
> I'm not sure...
>
> perhaps Sandro can tell me if I'm right or not

The DropGeometryTable() will take care of dropping the
table, you don't need to explicitly do it.

Anyway, if you drop the table directly a reference
to it will still be in the geometry_columns table,
you have to delete it if you want to successfully
call AddGeometryColumn again with the same schema,table,column.

DELETE FROM geometry_columns WHERE .....

--strk;