[postgis-users] data loading problem

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Wed Sep 28 01:37:34 PDT 2005

Hi Christian,

Looking at the output from your script, there appears to be a BEGIN tag but
no COMMIT tag - hence the server will not commit any changes. Can you check
to see that there is a COMMIT statement somewhere in your den_jeffZip.sql
file?

Also it could be that in moving server, you have been upgraded to a newer
version of PostGIS/PostgreSQL. If so, you may find that using the shp2pgsql
on your new server to regenerate your .sql files from your shapefiles may
give better results.

Kind regards,

Mark.

WebBased Ltd