[postgis-users]postgis database connection failed.

Steffen Macke sdteffen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 21:47:31 PDT 2006

Hi Srinivasan,

> ERROR 1: PostgreSQL driver doesn't currently support database creation.
> Please create database with the `createdb' command.
> PostgreSQL driver failed to create PG:dbname=rebuild user=user
> password=password

Does the database "rebuild" exist? Please create it, e.g. using pgAdmin.
You will also have to run the script lwpostgis.sql in the new "rebuild" database
in order to have PostGIS support for that database.

In addition, your command is missing the host parameter. I assume that
the database is
running on the same host:

ogr2ogr -f "
PostgreSQL" "PG:dbname=rebuild user=user password=password
host=localhost" countyp020.shp

Regards,

Steffen