[postgis-users] PostGIS, 64 bit Solaris, Invalide memory alloc message using force_collection

Michael Fuhr mike at fuhr.org
Fri Feb 3 18:08:50 PST 2006

On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 09:54:08PM +0100, strk at refractions.net wrote:
> Ok, please try again. --strk;

lwgeom/lwgparse.c still includes stdint.h so the Solaris 9 build
fails.  Also, builds on Solaris 9 and FreeBSD 6.0 (and probably
other systems) fail with the following error due to int4 being
defined in both a PostgreSQL header and in wktparse.h:

In file included from lwgeom_pg.c:8:
wktparse.h:26: error: conflicting types for 'int4'
[...]/include/server/c.h:360: error: previous declaration of 'int4' was here

If a file includes postgres.h then it'll get a typedef for int4 so
wktparse.h shouldn't also define it, but if wktparse.h doesn't
define it then all files that need int4 will need to include
postgres.h (some currently don't).  I'd send a patch that makes
everything work but I'm not sure which way you want to go: do you
want PostGIS to define int4 or do you want to get it from PostgreSQL?
Is there a reason to use int4 at all instead of int32_t or uint32_t?

--
Michael Fuhr