[postgis-users] Problems with restore dump datafile

Pablo Silva psilvao at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 16 09:50:41 PST 2006

Hi Folks!

   We have a project where our enviroment is:

 php4.3.9
 postgis-1.1.0
 postgres 7.4.8

   When I try to restore a database from a plain sql
text file, I get the following error

  could not access file "$libdir/libpostgis.so.0.8":
No such File or directory

  Reviewing all the posting in mailing list, I think
that  there is a conflict between versions of postgis,
because the partner bring to me a dump file from
your database where the postgis version should be
inferior release respect my version installed.

 So, what's the next?, the solution for this problem
could be read the chapter 2 upgrade and just to do it?
or... I need some magics steps for this?

 Thanks in advance for any hint...
 -Pablo