[postgis-users] Problems with restore dump datafile

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Thu Feb 16 16:21:54 PST 2006

Hi, Pablo,

Pablo Silva schrieb:

>   could not access file "$libdir/libpostgis.so.0.8":
> No such File or directory

This is because the dump contains the old function definitions that
reference the 0.8 backend library.

>  So, what's the next?, the solution for this problem
> could be read the chapter 2 upgrade and just to do it?
> or... I need some magics steps for this?

AFAIR, the postgis upgrade script only works with binary dumps.

However, you could try to edit your dump and remove all PostGIS function
/ type / table definitions, as well as the spatial_ref_sys table. You
might also have to tweak the geometry_columns table. Then install plain
PostGIS into a fresh database, and insert the dump there.

HTH,
Markus