[postgis-users] Advanced query problem

Krishnaa Sridharan kichis at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 08:36:42 PST 2006

Hi all,
I am new to Postgis and was working on the advanced query shown in the
manual. When i did the query everything worked well. But I have a problem
when querying something like this...

Table one (ROOMS) with example data (A proper table with spatial ref)

room_no
101
102
Table two (MAINT) with example data(table to get data from)

room_no       maint_details
101               Fixed bulbs
101               Fixed lheat

when i do a query like this:
the_geom FROM (SELECT rooms.the_geom AS the_geom, rooms.oid AS oid,
maint.maint_details AS maint_details, FROM rooms LEFT JOIN maint ON
rooms.room_no = maint.room_no) AS new_table USING UNIQUE oid USING SRID=-1

it seems to work well on points with just one value. But if there are
multiple values in the second table as shown, The first name repeats the
number of times it is in the table. is there a way to fix this. I am really
new to this please help me

Thanks
Kris