[postgis-users] postgis account setting

TECHER David davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Mon Jan 9 16:46:33 PST 2006

Hi

Kuo

In a DOS prompt do

If U are logged as "Kuo" user

shp2pgsql -D maryland_road.shp road maryland | psql -U Kuo -d maryland

if "Kuo" is a postgresql's super-user  (if U have created it with
"createuser -s Kuo" for example)

or since postgres is the owner of maryland's database

shp2pgsql -D maryland_road.shp road maryland | psql -U postgres -d maryland

Don't forget that "postgres" must be a simple user on windows  not a
administrator with admin' rights (= super-user of your computer)