[postgis-users] postgis installation with suse linux

Wed Jan 25 00:21:25 PST 2006

Dear List,

I use the German SUSE Linux 9.3. I installed Postgresql with the help of
rpm. Now I want to compile and install Postgis, but the Path on SUSE Linux
for Postgres are a little bit different to other Linux-systems.

In your installation you wrote:

Un-tar the PostGIS tar-ball in the 'contrib' directory of your PostgreSQL
source tree. You must untar the PostGIS source there or the Makefile will
not work. You must have the PL/pgSQL prodedural language installed before
installing PostGIS.

But there is no 'contrib' directory because I installed Postgres with rpm.
What can I do?
Where must I place the sourcecode to compile?

Thank you for your help.

samoth

--
DSL-Aktion wegen großer Nachfrage bis 28.2.2006 verlängert:
GMX DSL-Flatrate 1 Jahr kostenlos* http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl