[postgis-users] PostGIS server recommendations

galen at shackprices.com galen at shackprices.com
Wed Jul 5 14:06:44 PDT 2006

We're looking to buy a server in the next couple of weeks.  Our database
will be 1 GB with over 10 - 40 tables.  We're primarily doing multi-field
spatial and non-spatial queries (and sorts) on a 60 MB point table, but we
are also doing a fair number of closest point calculations.

We expect (hope?) to have 10-20 concurrent users.

We're looking at AMD 64 Operons and 4 gigs of RAM, but we have a limited
budget.  Any PostGIS-specific suggestions?  Any super-budget (under
$1,500) recommendations?

Sincerely,
Galen Ward