[postgis-users] mezoGIS problems

marcos boullón magán marcosboullon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 01:03:27 PST 2006

Hi,

I agree with you. First error seems permissions related.

The second error is a complain about the database. mezoGIS needs a
directory $HOME/.mezogis with some data or it'll try default values,
and the default values includes a conection to localhost.

Try this (with the user you launch mezoGIS):

$ mkdir ~/.mezogis
$ mkdir ~/.mezogis/plugins
$ touch ~/.mezogis/history

Now you start mezoGIS and change the database connection parameters;
if still fails, try also the following with your parameters.

$ cat > ~/.mezogis/mezogisrc
[connection]
port = 5432
host = your_postgresql_server