[postgis-users] Problem using ODBC

Lele Mambelli lele.mambelli at libero.it
Tue May 16 09:29:36 PDT 2006

I am trying to use the ODBC driver to connect to PostgreSQL 8.1.2/PostGIS
1.0.4

I have a table 'fabbricati' with the geometry field 'the_geom' containing
MULTIPOLYGON geometries.

When I try to make a select from this table I obtain the following results:

select the_geom from fabbricati  -->>>  result: 233 records while the total
records are 7853

select asbinary(the_geom) from fabbricati  -->>>  result: 7853 records
(correct)

select astext(the_geom) from fabbricati  -->>>  result: 764 records all with
NULL values while the total records are 7853

It's really strange!!

Someone can help me?

Emanuele Mambelli

 lele.mambelli at libero.it

Il poeta cerca solo di mettere la testa in cielo.
E' il logico che cerca di mettere il cielo dentro la propria testa.
Ed e' la sua testa che si spacca.
G.K. Chesterton