[postgis-users] Correct dump and restore

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Mon Nov 13 00:45:58 PST 2006

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 09:37:07AM +0100, Stefan Schwarzer wrote:
> I added the path to the pg-bins into bash: export PATH="$PATH:/usr/
> local/pgsql/bin"
> ~ schwarzer$ psql geodataportal_utf8
> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.3.dylib
>   Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/psql
>   Reason: Incompatible library version: psql requires version 3.0.0
> or later, but libpq.3.dylib provides version 0.0.0
> Trace/BPT trap
>
> But if I use:
>
> ~ schwarzer$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql geodataportal_utf8
>
> everything works fine...

You have both:
	/usr/local/bin/psql
and
	/usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql

The former doesn't work, the latter does.
When exporting your PATH you *append* /usr/local/pgsql/bin to
the existing $PATH, which likely includes /usr/local/bin.
Try *prepending* it instead:

export PATH="/usr/local/pgsql/bin:$PATH"

Also, check with 'which psql' to make sure the correct one is being
foundn (bash keeps known binaries in an hash, you can clean it up using
'hash -r')

--strk;