[postgis-users] Joining tables for QGIS

Christian Braun christian.braun at tudor.lu
Fri Nov 24 05:13:37 PST 2006

Hello,

I have problem with joining tables for QGIS.
I have e large table with rain measurements at a specific point in
Luxembourg. In another table I store the coordinates of the measurement
devices. The devices have a temporal resolution of 1min. So the table with
measurements have about 300000 entries. I want to link the table with the
coordinates to the table with the measurements that I can save the diskspace
of two additional columns with X and Y coordinates for every measurement of
the 300000 entries.
I found the option to do that with a view-statement, but QGIS complains
about that there is no primary key in the view.

Any suggestions to solve that problem?

cheers, Christian