[postgis-users] Mac OS X installation problem - no "coveredby" in liblwgeom.1.3.so"

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Sat Aug 18 09:47:54 PDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-08-18 at 09:01 -0700, Webb Sprague wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes, lwpostgis.sql contains the correct path - in fact, the previous
> line of SQL  works just fine and finds liblwgeom for other functions.
> It is only this line and subsequent that fails.
>
> I intsalled geos right before building installing postgis.
>
> tx

Strange. Well the function is definitely there in SVN: grep
lwgeom/lwgeom_geos_c.c for coveredby and it shows up soon enough. If you
do a "make clean" and then "make" again, are there any compilation
warnings that you may have missed? You can also check whether the
coveredby function is in your final liblwgeom.1.3.so by doing:

nm liblwgeom.1.3.so | grep cover

Also, as a temporary measure, you can try commenting out the CREATE
FUNCTION statement in lwpostgis.sql for the _ST_CoveredBy() function -
does that get you any further?

HTH,

Mark.

--