[postgis-users] Distance query

Pedro Doria Meunier pdoria at netmadeira.com
Mon Feb 5 00:56:10 PST 2007

Hi All,

I'm having a bit of a problem achieving the correct query for the following
scenario:

-          A table of 'units' containing the curr_location (geometry) and
the 'unit_name' fields

-          A table of 'road_network' with the geoms for the linestrings
(geometry), 'name' (name of the street), 'city' fields

-          A table of 'localities' - POINT - with the geoms and 'name',
'city' fields (name is the locality name)

What I want to achieve is getting the 1st 10 units closer to
street,locality,city.

Could one of you gurus be kind enough to point me the way to do this,
please?

Many thanks in advance,

Pedro Doria.