[UNCLASSIFIED]RE: [postgis-users] satellite data (MODIS) into Pos tgreSQL - PostGISdatabase as points or grids?

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Tue Feb 20 19:19:37 PST 2007

Interestingly, most vendors have quietly introduced separate products for
serving up imagery from outside of an RDBMS. This is after a lot of talk
about putting everything into an RDBMS, so I have been wondering if that
is an indication of some low level issue about putting raster into the database.

I recall there was some preliminary discussion about how to best incorporate
imagery and other raster data into PostGIS. This was captured on the Wiki:
http://postgis.refractions.net/support/wiki/index.php?PgRasterDesign

I haven't been keeping up with raster, so I'd be interested to see what sorts
of information you get in repsonse. :)

Cheers,

Antti