[postgis-users] AsKML function

Guido Lemoine guido.lemoine at jrc.it
Mon Jan 8 23:57:57 PST 2007

I checked the postgis 1.2.0 source, but there is not really an asKML()
function
at all. It just seemed to have slipped into the manual. Is there
anything ongoing?
I guess it would be fairly straightforward to derive asKML from the asGML
equivalent (or do some XSLT transform on asGML output externally).

NB. context is that I'd like to generate dynamic KML from postgis to include
into Google Earth via JSP requests.

GL

Guido Lemoine wrote:

> I just saw that an asKML() function was added to the on-line postgis
> manual (1.2.0).
> In the release notes, there is no trace to when this was added.
> Apparently not in 1.1.5. Does it require an upgrade to 1.2.0 (preferably
> soft, but how?).
>
> GL
>

> TECHER David wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I saw the link
>> http://postgis.refractions.net/support/wiki/index.php?WishList
>>
>> AsKML seems to be a great function in the future
>>
>> The code to do that seems to be like the code used for ASSVG()...
>>
>> The only question I ask myself is "Is the projection SRID fixed for 4326
>> <----> WGS84 GPS???"
>>
>> In the code of ASKML should be the srid to be fixed to 4326?
>>
>> Sorry for my bad English.
>>
>> Any idea?
>>
>> Thanks for any reply

Joint Research Centre, European Commission
Institute for the Protection and Security of the Citizen (IPSC)
Unit: Support to External Security
Via E. Fermi, 1 TP 267 Ispra 21020 (VA), Italy
Tel. +39 0332 786239 (direct line) Fax. +39 0332 785154
WWW: http://ses.jrc.it
Disclaimer:
Views expressed are those of the individual and do not represent the
views of the European Commission