[postgis-users] Installation with Proj

Andy Dale andy.dale at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 02:30:37 PDT 2007

Hi,

I managed to install and use
Postgis without any problems, but later found out that i could not do
any reprojections without the proj library.

I downloaded and installed the proj library.  I then attempted to
re-install Postgis with proj support like so:

./configure --with-proj=yes (without specifying this flag it still find the
proj library) It produces the following output:

SUMMARY

HOST_OS: linux-gnu

PGSQL: /usr/bin/pg_config
PROJ: prefix=/usr/local libdir=/usr/local/lib
ICONV: 1

PORTNAME: linux
PREFIX: /usr
EPREFIX: ${prefix}
DOC: /usr/share/doc/postgresql/contrib
DATA: ${datarootdir}
MAN: ${datarootdir}/man
BIN: /usr/bin
EXT: /usr/lib/pgsql (\$$libdir)

Now when i try to run either the lwpostgis_upgrade.sql or
lwpostgis.sql(creates histogram2d then fails) i get the following
error

ERROR: could not load library "/usr/lib/pgsql/liblwgeom.so.1.2":
libproj.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can anyone tell me where i have gone wrong in the installation ??

Thanks in advance,

Andy