[postgis-users] Installation with Proj

jrom jerome.gasperi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 02:47:24 PDT 2007

Hi Andy,

After ./configure did you recompile postgis without any problem ?
If the compilation ran well then you should check under /usr/local/lib
if you have libproj.so.0 file that should be a link to the current
libproj.

For example a typical proj 5 installation you should have something
like this under /usr/local/lib :
lrwxrwxrwx 1 gass gass      16 2005-09-13 14:47 libproj.so -> libproj.so.0.5.0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 gass gass      16 2005-09-13 14:47 libproj.so.0 -> libproj.so.0.5.0
-rwxr-xr-x 1 gass gass  657462 2005-09-13 14:47 libproj.so.0.5.0

As you can see libproj.so.0 is a dynamic link to libproj.so.0.5.0.
If this link is not present you can create it

Hope this help

On 6/4/07, Andy Dale <andy.dale at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I managed to install and use Postgis without any problems,
> but later found out that i could not do any
> reprojections without the proj library.
>
> I downloaded and installed the proj library.  I then
> attempted to re-install Postgis with proj
> support like so:
>
> ./configure --with-proj=yes (without specifying this flag it still find the
> proj library) It produces the following output:
>
> SUMMARY
>  -------------------------------------------------------
>
>  HOST_OS: linux-gnu
>
> PGSQL: /usr/bin/pg_config
> PROJ: prefix=/usr/local libdir=/usr/local/lib
> ICONV: 1
>
> PORTNAME: linux
>  PREFIX: /usr
> EPREFIX: ${prefix}
>  DOC: /usr/share/doc/postgresql/contrib
>  DATA: ${datarootdir}
>  MAN: ${datarootdir}/man
>  BIN: /usr/bin
>  EXT: /usr/lib/pgsql (\$$libdir)
>
> Now when i try to run either the lwpostgis_upgrade.sql or lwpostgis.sql
> (creates histogram2d then fails) i get the following error
>
> ERROR: could not load library
> "/usr/lib/pgsql/liblwgeom.so.1.2": libproj.so.0: cannot
>
> Can anyone tell me where i have gone wrong in the installation ??
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Andy

J.
http://geogurus.org/jrom