[postgis-users] (no subject)

Gary Townsend garyt at spatialmapping.com
Fri Jun 8 14:16:59 PDT 2007

Below is a function I am trying to create that will take a series of
geographic points form a UTM projection and translate it to lat/long that's
not the problem though the translation works wonderfully as a separate
select statement. I'm trying to encapsulate this into a function now and I
am getting a problem returned saying:

ERROR: syntax error at or near "$2"

SQL state: 42601

Character: 137

Context: PL/pgSQL function "vts_insert_stop" line 10 at select into
variables

I'm not sure where I've gone sideways on this but seeing as how I'm still
learning the pgplsql syntax I figured it could be anywhere I thought maybe
someone here may have a better soloution to what I'm trying to do or can see
what I'm doin wrong.

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION vts_insert_stop(text, text, numeric, numeric,
numeric)

  RETURNS numeric AS

'

DECLARE

      stopnum ALIAS for $1;

      stopdes ALIAS for $2;

      stopeasting ALIAS for $3;

      stopnorthing ALIAS for $4;

      projection ALIAS for $5;

      transCoord RECORD;

BEGIN

      SELECT INTO transCoord X(SubSel.transformed_geom),
Y(SubSel.transformed_geom) FROM (

        SELECT SetSRID(

          Transform(

            GeomFromText(

            ''POINT('' || stopeasting || '' '' stopnorthing || '')'',
projection

            ), 4326

          ),

        -1) AS transformed_geom) SubSel;

      INSERT INTO
vts_route_stops(stop_number,stop_description,stop_latitude,stop_longitude)

      VALUES(stopnum,stopdes,transCoord.Y,transCoord.X);

      RERTURN void;

END'

  LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;

Gary Townsend (Systems Programmer & Developer )

Spatial Mapping Ltd.

#200 484 2nd Ave. Prince George, B.C., Canada V2L 2Z7

Phone: 250 564 1928

Fax: 250 564 0751