[postgis-users] Re: [Plr-general] Tutorial on PLR and PostGIS, more on carriage returns

Joe Conway mail at joeconway.com
Thu Jun 21 07:03:10 PDT 2007

Obe, Regina wrote:
> Joe,
>
> Can you take a look at it again.  It was messed up in my firefox too.  I
> think originally I had it looking right in Firefox, but then IE it
> didn't look right so I changed it to look right in IE, but forgot to
> check back in firefox.  Hopefully this time I have made all browser
> masters happy.

http://www.bostongis.com/PrinterFriendly.aspx?content_name=postgresql_plr_tut02
The tutorial looks perfect now in Firefox on Fedora Core 7.

BTW, I have confirmed on the R-devel list that the R engine is expecting
\n for EOL, and \r will cause a syntax error, on all platforms. I will
probably fix this by simply replacing \r with \n in PL/R functions. My
only reservation is whether this might cause issues for installations
with multibyte characters. Does anyone know if it is possible for
multibyte characters to include a byte = 13 (\r), i.e. is the simple
replacement of \r safe in all locales?

Thanks,

Joe