[postgis-users] Install problem

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Wed May 2 16:54:35 PDT 2007

--- Paul Ramsey <pramsey at refractions.net> wrote:

> Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately I'm not familiar enough with the GEOS code to produce a
> > suitable fix, other than to change the autotools config to reject
> > versions of GEOS < 2.2.0 :(
>
> I don't know that this is a bad thing... as we move forward with new
> types, we are going to necessarily end up with some GEOS version
> requirements.

Hmmm.... is this part of a thread following on my earlier email asking for
help?

If so, this message from Paul is the first reponse I've seen, & have no idea
where any others have gone.

I read from this that the problem is possibly an old version of GEOS, so I'll
remove the installed one & compile up the new one.

Sigh. One of my reasons for looking at a debian based distro was package
managent & DebianGIS, but for a 64 bit user of recent versions, it seems I'm no
better off.

Thanks,

   Brent