[postgis-users] Install problem

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Thu May 3 02:33:52 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 16:54 -0700, Brent Wood wrote:

> Hmmm.... is this part of a thread following on my earlier email asking for
> help?
>
> If so, this message from Paul is the first reponse I've seen, & have no idea
> where any others have gone.

Yes, it is - you can follow it in the archives here:
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2007-May/015537.html.

> I read from this that the problem is possibly an old version of GEOS, so I'll
> remove the installed one & compile up the new one.
>
> Sigh. One of my reasons for looking at a debian based distro was package
> managent & DebianGIS, but for a 64 bit user of recent versions, it seems I'm no
> better off.

Well I find the Debian package management itself is absolutely superb -
it just sounds as if the Debian maintainers need to update their
repositories with later versions. Perhaps if you drop them an email they
will respond? Other than that, compilation from source is reasonably
straightforward.

Kind regards,

Mark.