[postgis-users] GeomUnion problem

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Fri May 4 07:54:44 PDT 2007

--- Paul Ramsey <pramsey at refractions.net> wrote:

Hi Paul,

Much appreciated.

I never received Martin's first reply describing the buffer approach. I've
checked my trash folder & I did not delete it by mistake, I did recieve what
now appears to be his second message mentioning the version as a possible
issue, which was the one I replied to.

Thanks for all the info. I'll have a go with the buffer approach & see if that
works, if not I'll try v3.0.

I appreciate that v3 should work seamlessly, but I'm well down the track with a
very effective system so far & if I can make v2 do the job, then it ain't broke
enough yet :-)

The output is for reports to two Govt Depts, with about 2500 colour publication
quality maps. All work done in FOSS (postgis/GMT/R)

Many thanks for the help! As always, it is so much better than that for any
proprietary software I've ever seen!

Thanks again,

   Brent Wood