[postgis-devel] Re: [postgis-users] installation problem

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Thu May 10 09:39:37 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 12:33 -0400, vamsee movva wrote:
> Here is the error
> BEGIN
> psql:lwpostgis.sql:54: NOTICE:  type "histogram2d" is not yet defined
> DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
> psql:lwpostgis.sql:54: ERROR:  could not load library
> "/home/user/lib/liblwgeom.so.1.2": libgeos_c.so.1: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory

[Note: please reply to the list, not to me directly]

Okay - this means that PostgreSQL can't find libgeos_c.so - chances are
since you are not root, you need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to your
GEOS libdir before launching PostgreSQL. If you search the archives, you
should find more info on this.

Kind regards,

Mark.

--