[postgis-users] What are people using to load gps data? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Will Muir will at mtintouch.net
Sun May 13 18:53:49 PDT 2007

It keeps everything that I need when I use it.  Actually it keeps
more then what I really want, hence my home rolled script.  I will
paste some of the output for you to decide if it works for you or not.

Will

Shapefile type: Point
Postgis type: POINT[2]
BEGIN;
CREATE TABLE "5-11" (gid serial PRIMARY KEY,
"shapeid" int4,
"ele" float8,
"time" varchar(32),
"magvar" float8,
"geoidheigh" float8,
"name" varchar(32),
"cmt" varchar(255),
"desc" varchar(255),
"src" varchar(255),
"link" varchar(255),
"sym" varchar(32),
"type" varchar(32),
"sat" int4,
"hdop" float8,
"vdop" float8,
"ageofdgpsd" float8,
"dgpsid" float8);
SELECT AddGeometryColumn('','5-11','the_geom','-1','POINT',2);
INSERT INTO
"5-11" ("shapeid","ele","time","magvar","geoidheigh","name","cmt","desc"
,"src","link","sym","type","sat","hdop","vdop","ageofdgpsd","dgpsid",the
_geom) VALUES
('0','2419.2651','2007-05-11T09:19:47Z','0.0000','0.0000','001','001','0
01',NULL,NULL,'Flag',NULL,'0','0.0000','0.0000','0.0000','0.0000','00000
00001C05BBE7AFEAC76744045E47357A3DE75');