[postgis-users] Instalation problem on Ubuntu Dapper

TECHER David davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Fri May 18 09:17:13 PDT 2007

Hi Tyler

AFAIC I've got the idea that you've got installed geos using something
like "apt-get "
or "synaptic"..So the geos version should be something like <= 2.1.X. If
it is the case, so remove it!

As Marc told you in
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2007-May/015538.html

install geos for geos >= 2.2.X

I've got a Ubuntu Dapper at home and got no problem :)

You can use my doc  "building instructions for Dapper or Edgy" available at

http://www.davidgis.fr/documentation/win32/html/ch03.html (french)

Even if this link above is written in French, you can use a tool like
google to translate it ;)

Hope this help.

--david;