[postgis-users] UML Profile using PostGIS geometry types andSQL-MMtopology functions

karel karel at cadrie.com
Fri Nov 9 12:07:08 PST 2007

I've some experience with EMF using Hibernate in the context of
spatial data.

We used EMF + teneo + OWL to generate a database + java binding from
an OWL file. We wrote a tool that generated an Ecore model from the
OWL file. This Ecore model than was used to generate the  Java code
(EMF), Hibernate mapping file (Teneo). The spatial data types were
handled by an extension to Hibernate. This extension is now an
independent open source project. You can find it here: http://
www.hibernatespatial.org/.  There is a comparable project for JPOX
persistence. See: http://www.jpox.org/docs/1_1/spatial.html. JPOX is
another ORM solution.