[postgis-users] POSGIS and Oracle

Tom Glancy Tom.Glancy at dnr.state.mn.us
Sun Nov 18 19:42:19 PST 2007

We are using Jitterbit to update our PostGIS data warehouse from the production Oracle database. Jitterbit (www.jitterbit.com) is an open source integration technology. We found it reasonably easy to setup and use, and robust for our purposes. Jitterbit can update or insert records, as required. We schedule a number of jobs and Jitterbit executes the jobs and reports on success or failure.

Note we are NOT loading spatial data, only "tabular" data, but I expect it's possible to load geometry using WKT.

Regards,
Tom

---------------------------------------
Tom Glancy
Ecological Services Division IT Supervisor

"Ensuring Eco Services staff have
the right IT skills, applications, data and support"

tom.glancy at dnr.state.mn.us
651-259-5097

Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
500 Lafayette Road - Box 25
St. Paul, MN 55155-4025
>>> "Andre Schoonbee" <andresch at iway.na> 11/18/07 12:10 AM >>>
One client is using Oracle 10.1.0 for their spatial data warehouse. We have
developed some maps on MapGuide for the Internet. We want to "migrate" some
of the data from Oracle to POSTGIS. The issue is that they will continue to
work on the Oracle data set and want a meganism to frequently update the
POSTGIS dataset - as easy as possible.

Any suggestions / ideas?