[postgis-users] Best way to

louvy.joseph at gmail.com louvy.joseph at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 01:23:35 PST 2007

Thanks Paul. We are already using multiple instances of geoservers with
single postgis server. (We are starting new geoserver dynamically based
on the load). At this point, I don't have enough load to saturate the
database but I am just preparing myself to a condition where too many
geoservers (that would mean too many users behind them in turn) would
swamp the single database instance.

Are there any benchmark numbers for postgresql/postgis on how many
simultaneous transactions it can handle? 80% of our data is wfs or wms
but 20% is going to be wfs-t updates.

Can somebody please point me to any benchmark numbers for
postgresql/postgis system?

Thanks again
Louvy