[postgis-users] distance between multiple polygons

Kevin Kempfer postgis at kevinkempfer.de
Wed Nov 21 08:35:25 PST 2007

Hello!

I have to find out which polygons have the longest distance between any
two polygons (or points of them) from a set of multiple polygons. For
example:

I have 5 polygons.
Find out where's the biggest distance between them and give back the two
   points.

I need this to be able to zoom in/out my map application to a zoom level
where all polygons are visible to the user.

Is this possible using build-in postgis functions or do I have to write
my own?

Best regards,

Kevin