[postgis-users] CentOS 4.5 postgis-1.1.0.spec patch

Devrim GÜNDÜZ devrim at CommandPrompt.com
Wed Nov 21 15:06:05 PST 2007

Hi,

On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 07:44 -0700, Rob Nagler wrote:
> Aha!  http://postgis.refractions.net/rpms/ is out of date.  I just
> downloaded the srpm assuming it was the latest.  It hasn't been
> updated since 1/4/06, and binary RPMs for Fedora have not been updated
> either.

Heh. I lost my webdav password *again*, and I can't update there ;)
However, maybe it is a good idea to put a README file there and point
people to Fedora and EPEL(RHEL,CentOS) repositories for the RPMs.

> I've attached a patch for the postgis.spec in the 1.3.1 tarball.  This
> builds on Centos 4.5 without javabuild & gcj_support.  The Version had
> to be changed to 1.3.1 and some dependencies had to be moved around in
> the appropriate %if sections.  The config.patch failed so I removed it
> along with the postgis-javamakefile.patch, which I didn't need.

Well, here is the latest spec:

http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/rpms/postgis/devel/postgis.spec?rev=1.7&view=markup

I will commit the postgresql-jdbc buildrequires change for 1.3.2 RPMs.
Thanks for that. However, I won't "remove" those patches, but just will
set the relevant macros to 0, so that we won't build the java related
packages for RHEL 4.X.

BTW... We don't have a branch for 4.X -- I asked for addition of that
branch, it will be approved soon, I think.

> If you need help creating an autobuilder for the SRPM from the
> tarball, let me know.

Well, now we have Fedora, Koji and other stuff, I think we don't need
it :) (I'm about to announce an automated build system for all
PostgreSQL related packages that I maintain (~30 packages, IIRC) )

Thanks again for your contribution.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE