[postgis-users] CentOS 4.5 postgis-1.1.0.spec patch

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Wed Nov 21 14:41:53 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 07:44 -0700, Rob Nagler wrote:
> Aha!  http://postgis.refractions.net/rpms/ is out of date.  I just
> downloaded the srpm assuming it was the latest.  It hasn't been
> updated since 1/4/06, and binary RPMs for Fedora have not been updated
> either.
>
> I've attached a patch for the postgis.spec in the 1.3.1 tarball.  This
> builds on Centos 4.5 without javabuild & gcj_support.  The Version had
> to be changed to 1.3.1 and some dependencies had to be moved around in
> the appropriate %if sections.  The config.patch failed so I removed it
> along with the postgis-javamakefile.patch, which I didn't need.
>
> If you need help creating an autobuilder for the SRPM from the
> tarball, let me know.
>
> PostGIS is a great resource.  Thanks!
>
> Cheers,
> Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the patch! Devrim is the person who currently looks after the
RPMs for PostGIS, and I know he has been working on producing Fedora
RPMs for the 1.3.1 release - you should be able to find more information
about this by searching the postgis-devel list archives.

ATB,

Mark.

--
ILande - Open Source Consultancy