[postgis-users] "make check" failures w/ 1.3.1 on Mac OS 10.5

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Nov 25 15:09:42 PST 2007

And once more... there was some leftover junk from the previous failed
tests (a bunch of errors about relation already exists).  After those
were cleared out, all tests succeeded!

On Nov 25, 2007, at 5:02 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> Sorry to keep replying to myself.  I think I see the problem:
> get_uint32().  Leopard's libSystem now includes its own get_uint32()
> (and get_int32()), so this is used in postgis instead of the one in
> lwgeom_api.c.
>
> I can't find ANY reference to this in the Leopard headers or the
> Xcode documentation, or in Apple's forums or mailing list archives.
> So I can't tell if it's compatible, it's certainly not usable if
> there is no header declaration of it.
>
> So, renaming get_int32() and get_uint32() in Postgis did the trick
> (I used pgis_get_int32 and pgis_get_uint32).  They're in these files:
>
> liblwgeom.h
> lwcurve.c
> lwgeom_api.c
> lwgeom_pg.c
> lwline.c
> lwpoint.c
> lwpoly.c
>
> I now have 5/37 fails.  Time to check on those.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those
least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy