[postgis-users] How can I make geo-reference

Nicolas Ribot nicky666 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 02:45:35 PST 2007

> Thanks for ur reply.
>  But I didn't get your point.
>
>  My point is - I have shape file but it contains geometry in meters form. I want to convert it into lat/log format.
>
>  I am using openmap as front end and in front end we can display only that shape file which is lat/log format.

 - load your shapefile into postgis (shp2pgsql), assign an SRID to it,
corresponding to the shapefile's spatial reference system (SRS). (you
may find this site useful in order to help you determine your data's
SRS: http://spatialreference.org/)

- use the transform() function to reproject it to a Lat Long SRS, like
WGS84 for instance (SRID=4326)

- display the transformed data...

HTH
Nicolas