[postgis-users] Error installing on Linux Centos 5

Andre Schoonbee andresch at iway.na
Fri Nov 30 13:16:21 PST 2007

Hi All

Hope this is not a blond moment, But I cannot get postgis 1.2.1 installed on
my Centos 5. Postgresql is running and I can connect to the database. I have
downloaded the tar.gz file and extracted it. When running./configure all
goes well until I get and error that PostgreSQL is needed.

Any help will be appreciated.

I also wan to upgrade both  postgresql and postgis to the latest, but yum is
not detecting the latest versions. I downloaded the tar.gz files but this
does not upgrade the previous PostgreSQL version when installing it.

Please help

Andre