[postgis-users] "make check" failures w/ 1.3.1 on Mac OS 10.5

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Nov 30 20:04:58 PST 2007

I finally had a chance to try it.  Builds and all tests run.

I can't think of what might be going on on your system John.  There
might be something helpful in your console or system logs.

On Nov 30, 2007, at 2:10 AM, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 23:10 -0700, John Cartwright wrote:
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> Using the hourly svn snapshot, the build went fine, but "make check"
>> is still failing 12 out of 37:
>>
>> ../loader/shp2pgsql: shape (.shp) or index files (.shx) can not be
>> opened.
>>
>> --john
>

> Hi John,
>
> Hmmm I'm not sure why the "make check" is failing because it can't
> open
> the loader test files - it's good to see that the build works which is
> the important thing.
>
> The only thing I can think of is filesystem permissions - what do the
> permissions for the loader/ directory look like? Are the shape files
> actually present?
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Mark.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do if
you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer, I'm
50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy