[postgis-users] "make check" failures w/ 1.3.1 on Mac OS 10.5

John Cartwright john.c.cartwright at comcast.net
Fri Nov 30 18:00:44 PST 2007

Well, the problem seems to be with the shp2pgsql utility - trying to
run it w/ a different shapefile in a different directory produces
similar results:

jcc$ /usr/local/postgis-1.3.1/bin/shp2pgsql cities.shp test.cities
/usr/local/postgis-1.3.1/bin/shp2pgsql: shape (.shp) or index files
(.shx) can not be opened.

Any suggestions on how to proceed from here?

Thanks!

--john