[postgis-users] Mac OS X development - anyone have a Mac available for testing?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Sep 2 16:16:46 PDT 2007

Webb,

Did you see my questions a week ago about your OSX setup?

- do you build GEOS and PROJ yourself or use binaries (like my
frameworks)?

- do you build your own Postgres or use binaries (I also have one,
but there are a couple others out there)?

- what configure flags are you using for PostGIS?

- if you do use binaries for anything, even if it's not directly
related to postgres or postgis, do you use Fink or Macports?  There
are occassional little things in these that can cause trouble when
building from source.

While it would be nice to figure out where the problem is, so others
can avoid problems, have you tried my PostGIS binary?

On Sep 2, 2007, at 5:24 PM, Webb Sprague wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Actually, I rebuilt from scratch and it *worked* fine but didn't pass
> the regressions because when the regessions test the error messages,
> that crapped out.
>
> -W

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in
a bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy