[postgis-users] server termentaes abnormaly dijkstra

Jason R. Moore bigj at columbus.rr.com
Sun Sep 9 10:42:37 PDT 2007

I had the shortest path functionality working form pgdijkstra.  I tried
making a php front end for it, (gave up because php would not connect
using the same connection string as mpserver uses) then tried a pearl
front end  and  now when I try and run it manually from psql I get the
flowing:

 SELECT shortest_path('SELECT source, id, target, cost FROM
tiger_39_edges', 82730 , 82880 , false, false);
        before or while processing the request.
The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Succeeded.

I have tried the smaller data set/demo that comes with pgdijkstra and it
still crashes.  Also I tried reinstalling the pgdijkstra library and
scrips and it still crashes.

Is their an easy fix? if not what is the best way of backing up only the
data and purging pgsql?

The stats :
map=# select version();
                                                version
 PostgreSQL 8.1.9 on i686-redhat-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC)
4.1.1 20070105 (Red Hat 4.1.1-51)
(1 row)
map=# select postgis_version();
            postgis_version