[postgis-users] postGIS install question- user permissions notaccepted by the DB

Bruce Rindahl rindahl at lrcwe.com
Mon Sep 10 11:51:58 PDT 2007

When you uninstall PostgreSQL there two things it does NOT do.
1. Remove the Windows user account that the postgres service runs under.
2. Remove your existing databases (Including the database user accounts and
passwords!).

Either remember your old passwords or:

1. Uninstall PostgreSQL
2. Remove the postgres account for windows (Control Panel -> Administrative
Tools -> Computer Management -> Local Users and Groups
3. Delete the install directory of PostgreSQL (C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL
or whatever).

Then reinstall

Have fun!

Bruce Rindahl