[postgis-users] Postgis-RSS feeds

Guido Lemoine guido.lemoine at jrc.it
Wed Sep 12 00:17:06 PDT 2007

If you're happy with GeoRSS, try using geoserver. You can explore
it's other output formats (KML, PDF, SVG) and interfaces (OpenLayers)
to test on your non-technical users. Easy to integrate into the major
map mashups as well. Best of it's class.

GL

brooks.glenn at comcast.net wrote:
> Has anybody explored outputting (or automatically updating) GIS layers from Postgis to remote mapserver or cartoweb WFS clients using RSS feeds?  Is this practicable/more simple/or a nightmare??
>
> I am working on distributing attribute information in a simple text/reporting dashboard, which will have a WFS client- so would like to explore if RSS is a possible method to set up and distribute content for remote user ( very non-technical people) viewing.
>
> Thakns much!
>
> Glenn Brooks

Guido Lemoine
Joint Research Centre, European Commission
Institute for the Protection and Security of the Citizen (IPSC)
Unit: Support to External Security
Via E. Fermi, 1 TP 267 Ispra 21020 (VA), Italy
Tel. +39 0332 786239 (direct line) Fax. +39 0332 785154
WWW: http://ses.jrc.it
Disclaimer:
Views expressed are those of the individual and do not represent
the views of the European Commission