[postgis-users] AsKML() how to create kml from postgis data

Jose Gomez-Dans jgomezdans at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 03:09:11 PDT 2007

Hi Maciej,
I sent you an e-mail, but your spam protection system wouldn't allow
the message to go through.  If you have another address, I'll resend
it to you :)

On 9/14/07, Maciej Skorczewski <maciej.skorczewski at procad.pl> wrote:
> how sql should looks like?

Simply (and this is already quite advanced: you can use simplify() to
reduce the number of points in your vector data. Ours are very
detailed, and we don't want that on our KML files):

SELECT AS_KML(SIMPLIFY(the_geom,100)) from MY_TABLE;

> Question about Python class...i am not python programer can you
> describe my how i can use it?

You just write a small python program to use it. You should be able to
do the same with PHP.

Cheers,
José